Paleo Pumpkin Collagen Coffee Cake
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk of choice (almond, macadamia, coconut)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp ghee melted (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 scoops Perfect Supplements Collagen
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 6 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 5 Tbsp ghee solid (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup powdered maple sugar or organic powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Large pinch pumpkin pie spice
Make the topping first. Combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, ghee, and pumpkin spice in a bowl. Use a fork or pastry blender to cut the ghee into the mixture until crumbly. Stir in the chopped pecans and salt, then place in the refrigerator while you prepare the cake batter.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8” square baking pan with parchment paper on the bottom and up the sides for easy removal.
In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, ghee, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, collagen, tapioca, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt. Stir the dry mixture into the wet until fully combined, then fold in the chopped pecans.
Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the topping all over the cake batter, then bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out with a few crumbs.
Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack, then remove using the parchment paper and continue to cool on the wire rack.
While the cake cools, stir together the powdered maple sugar, milk, vanilla and pumpkin spice. Drizzle all over the cake using a spoon. The icing will harden as the cake continues to cool.
Serve slightly warm or room temperature. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
Recipe created by: Michaela Clauss of Cleverly Nourished